As a Plant Head and a senior team member of the company, under the general direction of the GM – Operations, you are responsible to lead the entire Plant and achieve the targets through effective utilization of the company resources. Plant Head runs the manufacturing site with responsibilities in production output, product quality, and on-time Deliveries by optimizing operational Cost. The organisation is looking for an ambitious growth target and would require your committed efforts to deliver the results, build the team, improve the processes, capability and capacity of the plant.
Please Note: The responsibilities are not ranked in their order of importance. The following responsibilities of a Plant Head include but are not limited to the following.
People Management & Leadership
- Develops and inspires a common vision and engagement with both short term / long term targets for the Plant Management Team in accordance with agreed business strategy.
- Build trust relations with customer and key stakeholders.
- Analyse problematic situations, occurrences and provide solutions in concurrence with management.
- Proactively forecast future growth and create roadmap to achieve it.
- Increase revenue and reduce cost in order to ensure the highest level of profitability.
- Formulate and implement strategies and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Recruit, manage and develop plant staff and create a great place to work culture.
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts.
- Deploy and enhance SAP Based MIS to support the processes.
- Preparation of Monthly P&L Report, analyse, suggest and act on increasing profitability time-to-time
Health, Safety & 5S
- Lead, create and implement safety culture in the Unit and ensure the team is adhered to the prescribed safety standards.
- Create a safety environment and initiate necessary actions.
- Ensure there is an effective company policy for health and safety and that all employees, contractors and temporary workers are made aware of their individual responsibility.
- Drive the effective implementation of 5S.
- Enforce adherence to legal and Statutory guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company’s legality and business ethics.
- Drive & Support the team to achieve the daily, weekly and monthly production plan.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customer’s expectation.
- Monitor the implementation of approved strategies to drive the performance of the company.
- Support production team in the effective utilization of 3M (Man, Material & Machine).
- Assist production team to implement appropriate lean manufacturing methodology.
- Ensure 100% delivery with zero – defect to the customer.
- Part per man hour increasing, Tool Cost, Rejection, Rework Reduction.
New Product Development & Manufacturing Engineering:
- Drive & Support NPD team to ensure on time delivery of new products and parts at the budgeted cost.
- Drive forward product development, innovation and ‘think outside the box’ to generate engineering advantage for customers, thinking creatively to develop new products or parts.
- Identify and implement design improvements (functionality, cost, design)
- Provide strategic directions to team for delivering first time right products or parts, eliminate rework to improve quality standards and reduce cost.
- Maintain specified quality of all products.
- Review quality control processes, procedures and capabilities in order to sustain the quality requirement and make recommendation for improvement as appropriate.
- Implement and review the quality control activities in accordance with identified Quality Assurance standards, company procedures, client specifications and contract requirement.
- Constantly drive improvements @ Supplier in terms of Quality thereby driving reduction in Over-all Cost PPM
- Vendor development for best price and good quality.
- Alternative sources to support requirement and cost reduction.
- Reduce the Inventory Days
- Ensure the plant is operated through the optimize inventory level.
- Ensure to track, measure, report and evaluate Supplier performance.
- Encourage Lean manufacturing.
- Ensure Kaizen breakthrough projects across the plant.
- Monitor and optimize the Operational cost.
- Ensure to create a high performing and sustainable talent pool & people processes.
|Job Category||Full Time, Permanent|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Kannivakkam, Guduvancherry - Chennai|
|Experience||10 years and at least 2 years as head of Operations within the unit|
|Date of Advt.||08.01.2020|