- Develops and inspires a common vision and engagement with both short term / long term targets for the Plant Management Team in accordance with agreed business strategy.
- Build trust relations with internal and external customers and key stakeholders.
- Constantly explore and implement cost reduction options.
- Formulate and implement strategies and provide a clear sense of direction and focus to the team.
- Manage and develop plant staff and create a great place to work culture. Support to recruit potential candidates to induct in the team.
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts.
- Deploy and enhance SAP Based MIS to support the processes.
- Encourage Lean manufacturing.
- Drive & Support the team to achieve the daily, weekly and monthly production plan.
- Support production team in the effective utilization of 3M (Man, Material & Machine).
- Ensure 100% delivery with zero – defect to the customer.
- Part per man hour increasing, Tool Cost, Rejection, Rework Reduction.
- Drive & support New Product Development team to ensure on time delivery of new products and parts at the budgeted cost.
- Drive forward benchmarking, new product development, innovation and ‘think outside the box’ to generate engineering advantage for customers, thinking creatively to develop new products or parts.
- Identify and implement design improvements (functionality, cost, design)
- Provide strategic directions to team for delivering first time right products or parts, eliminate rework to improve quality standards and reduce cost.
- Review quality control processes, procedures and capabilities in order to sustain the quality requirement and make recommendation for improvement as appropriate.
- Constantly drive improvements at Suppliers in terms of Quality thereby driving reduction in Over-all Cost PPM
- Ensure the plant is operated through the optimize inventory level.
- Expertise in machine shop
- Good Knowledge in Heat Treatment and Plating Processes
- Exposure to Quality Management System & SAP
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Fluency in English, Tamil & Hindi
- Able to work independently as well as a strong team leader
|Job Category||Full Time, Permanent|
|Job Category||Full Time|
|Location||Kannivakkam, Chennai (Near Guduvancherry)|
|Education||DME or BE|
|Experience||Total 10 years with at least 2 years as Head of Operations|