Posted 2 months ago
Job ID: PHU4/2023-24/08
Role: As an NPD Member and core team member of Unit IV, you are responsible to Develop and review design of components, Product drawings and Models. Leading group of team members. The company is looking at ambitious growth targets and is counting on you to deliver the daily results, and at the same time build the teams, processes, capabilities, and capacities to deliver the business results.
Please Note: The responsibilities are not ranked in their order of importance. The following responsibilities of an NPD Lead include but are not limited to the following.
Key Performance Area:
- Perform market research to understand market requirements and initiate innovative product development.
- Frequent visits to customers and understand the requirements and develop new business case.
- Respond to the RFQ in an agreed timeline with the marketing team.
- Track the RFQ receipt till successful delivery of Proto parts.
- Frequent review of Tracker with Immediate superior and to Marketing team
- Analyze new components, materials, and technologies to evaluate functionalities for all new product development.
- Prepare comprehensive project plans with technical objectives and detailed cost estimates.
- Should have excellent knowledge in Should costing / Cost terms / Incoterms / Price Indexing
- On receipt of ECN from the customer, review feasibility and update BOM.
- Conduct CFT Meeting for the ECN for review and revert to Customer on time.
- Business realization for new parts of existing customers (excluding parts replacing current business)
- Business realization from new customers.
- Analyses product cost and prepare schedule plans for effective implementation of projects.
- Prepare and approve product design and test plans, review design and recommend adequate changes to the approved models before actual roll out of new products.
- Approve prototypes of new designs, conduct performance analysis of prototypes and ensure assemblage of products follows the company’s quality parameters.
- Comply with Design control and Stage gate processes while designing prototypes and products.
- Document records for all project proposal and associated activities.
- Ensure to deliver first time right products or parts, eliminate rework to improve quality standards and reduce cost.
- Work with internal team i.e., Development engineers’ team to prepare the drawings and models for the development activities.
- Prepare and maintain comprehensive project tracker of daily activities and work tracker.
- Should have the knowledge to do reverse engineering of components and products.
- Must ensure “First Pass Through” in new product development.
Support Production Management
- Effective team member for the internal process Audit.
- Coordinating with the Manufacturing team for PPAP lot development
- Coordinating with intercompany development activities.
- Identification of NVA activities and improve the process parameters and reduction in Cycle time.
- Studying the details process of parts with time for new products manufacturing.
Customer Management: (Internal / External Customers)
- Frequent Meetings with customers for Effectiveness of Developed products as well as new products. And plan corrective actions.
- Conduct thorough design study for each customer.
- Plan regular visit to Existing and New customers to understand new business potentials.
- Effectively support the Quality team to maintain specified quality of all products and ensure first pass-through.
- Coordinating Quality team for PPAP documents PPAP lot development.
- Identify the vendor for the new product, evaluating the vendor and onboarding to be owned by NPD sourcing team.
- Support Other location Plants in NPD
- Lead and influence team in achieving the set targets.
- Develop the team by systematic trainings, internal and external training.
- Evaluate team performance in terms of company-set procedures.
- Motivate team to run extra mile.
- Demonstrate the company values.
- Maintain and document Daily/Hourly work activities and Project Tracker.
- Standardized the SOP / Improve the Processes through VAVE approach.
- Continuously review the standards and specifications
- Maintain and document APQP.
- ISO/ IATF documentation must be adhered.
- ECN documentation to justify changes made to a component or system once the initial design is complete. Effectiveness of ECN to be monitored.
Preferred Skill Requirement
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment with a focus on technical excellence.
- Approachability to internal customers and innovative thinking is required.
- Should have an Excellent and Effective communication with External customers as well as within the team. (Tamil / English /Hindi)
- Should have an effective Time management skills.
- Should have an excellent problem-solving skills.
- Should be a team player, should have strong interpersonal skills.
- Rubber Hose and Fluid Connector background is must.
- Ability to understand International as well as customer standards.
- Software Requirements
- Knowledge in 2D & 3D – Any software like (Solidworks, Catia, Inventor etc)
- Working Knowledge in MS – Excel and PowerPoint, Projects
|Job Category||Full Time|
|Salary||As Per company norms|
|Date of Advt||03.04.2023|