Role: As a Purchase team member, Engineer – Procurement is responsible to lead the entire sourcing activities of the business related to any New projects including Aerospace and achieve the planned targets of delivery, quality, and cost, on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis.
The company is looking at ambitious growth targets and is counting on this profile to deliver the daily results, and at the same time build the teams, processes, capabilities and capacities to deliver the business results.
Please Note: The responsibilities are not ranked in their order of importance. The following responsibilities of a Purchase team member include but are not limited to the following.
- Understand the requirements through
- Drawing and Discussion with Engineering / Design team from the requirement phase of the project
- Go through the relevant standards and understand the standard requirement
- Discuss with Quality team to understand the quality requirements
- Freeze the RFQ requirements based on the above input
- Fix the sourcing strategy and provide the time plan for getting the sample / trial material in factory
- Monitor the sourcing status and update the relevant project / team on daily basis
- As a Project team member, support to adhere the Project time plan
- Providing detailed costing to the relevant team in the initial sourcing / sampling phase
- Along with NPD team, analyze the new components, materials and technologies to understand the functionality importance of the child product before sourcing
- Discuss the ECN Changes with Engineering team and provide necessary input and coordinate for successful ECN change implementation
- Document records for all sourcing status for all projects
- Review and report the Sourcing status and update the key stake holders every week.
- Improve the supplier base and maintain the relationship for new projects.
- Analyze the Pending Requisitions / Pending sourcing and provide the time plan
- RM / Fittings Procurement plan for the specific project (including Aerospace)
- Raising Purchase Order with all applicable Standard and its revisions & Drawing and its revisions
- Design / develop the Terms & Conditions specific to the customer orders (ensure all Customer notes flow down requirements are included in PO Terms & Conditions)
- Develop Long Term Agreement with supplier
- Document records for all Purchasing relevant to specific projects including Price/ Source approvals
- Maintain Purchasing history specific to the projects
- Direct Cost Saving / Kaizen on Cost Reduction Activities & Achieve the Goal of the company
- Work closely with suppliers to improve their Delivery and Quality performance / Give continuous feedback/communication to the suppliers and get corrective action / implementation plan
- Monitor and maintain the Inventory as per the Target fixed by the Management
- Develop and maintain professional relationship with all suppliers and achieve the Procurement objective
- Maintain E-Mail communication with suppliers within the stipulated timeline
- Plan regular visit to the suppliers to understand the Cost quoted by
- Continuously support the production team and ensure the Material is available for continuous production
- Ensure the Ontime material availability
- Go through the Customer Contract Notes once in 3 months for scheduled contracts & for every order and ensure the flow down requirements to the suppliers through Special Terms & Conditions
- Support quality team for documentation related to Purchase.
- IATF / ISO documentation has to be adhered.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment with a focus on technical excellence, responsiveness to customers and innovative thinking is required.
- Effective communication with the team and the suppliers.
- Effective team player.
|Job Category||Full Time, Permanent|
|Salary||INR 3,50,000 – 4,00,000 P.A. (CTC)|
|Experience||2+ Years of relevant Procurement / Sourcing experience especially in Aerospace|
|Employment Type||Permanent, Full Time|
|Date of Advt||27.07.2019|
|Industry||Rubber mixing/Auto Ancillary/Auto Components/OEM|
|Function Area||Materials - Procurement|